This section provides an overview of how to get starting with developing a LightWave Server™ application. If you have not done so already, please read the Introduction to LightWave Server section before continuing.
- Read section Working with Dictionaries. Dictionaries are derived from DDL and contain the interprocess message type defintions needed by LightWave Server to map JSON to IPM and vice-versa.
- User-defined APIs are for exposing a NonStop Server application as a service. Read section Working with User-Defined APIs
- If your application will require transactions, read Working with Transactions.
- Define your application interprocess messages or file records. If you're using an existing server or file, this step may already be completed.
- When you're ready to make your application available to clients, deploy it as a service. See Deploying APIs as Services.
- Build your client application.
Visit the NuWave GitHub site for sample applications.